The Hartstein/Favorite International Vocational Fund was created by Edna and Thelma Hartstein to promote vocational and social economic transfer of knowledge worldwide. Applications for projects which target multi-national development will receive preference in the selection process; however, projects which involve national participation are also with the interest of the Fund. Grants are awarded to mutually benefit and educate students of the Upper Miami Valley and other countries.
Grant applications are reviewed quarterly by the International/Vocational Fund Board on the first Tuesday of March, June, September and December. Applications are due on the fifteenth of the months preceding the meetings.
The following guidelines will help determine if a project or program is eligible for consideration:
- Must provide opportunities for participants to excel through global realization of life’s goals
- Must provide opportunities for development of international understanding and appreciation of cultural and social economic diversity
- Must provide for the potential further vocational achievement of one or more student citizens of the Upper Miami Valley (Auglaize, Champaign, Darke, Miami and Shelby counties) and qualified students of other countries
Projects and programs previously funded include international student exchange for vocational or technical education, student internships for vocational or technical education, student apprenticeships in developing countries, international and national vocational/technical study trips, and national and international youth club competitions for vocational/technical students.
To apply for a Hartstein/Favorite International Vocational Fund grant, the following items must be submitted:
- A completed and signed application
- A cover letter describing the project or program for which funding is requested and the sponsoring organization (when applicable)
- A detailed budget for the request indicating the use of the funds
- Three letters of recommendation
All items should be submitted to The Hartstein/Favorite International Vocational Fund, c/o The Troy Foundation, 216 W. Franklin St., Troy OH 45373.
Applicants will be notified in writing of their approval or denial. Those approved will be required to sign a Grant Acceptance Document and file a final report at the completion of their project or program.
Kim Meier, Donor Relations Officer (937) 339-8935