The Hartstein International Vocational Fund provides grants for projects that promote vocational and social economic transfer of knowledge worldwide. Applications for projects that target multi-national development will receive preference but projects involving national participation may also be considered. Grants are awarded to mutually benefit and educate students of the Upper Miami Valley and other countries.
Grant applications are reviewed quarterly by the International/Vocational Fund Board on the first Tuesday of March, June, September and December. Applications are due on the fifteenth of the months preceding the meetings. The following guidelines will help determine if a project or program is eligible for consideration:
- Projects must benefit juniors, seniors or graduates of high schools or vocational programs in Auglaize, Champaign, Darke, Miami and Shelby Counties
- Projects must provide multi-national and national vocational development
- Projects must provide opportunities for development of international understanding and appreciation of cultural and social economic diversity
Projects and programs previously funded include international student exchange for vocational or technical education, student internships for vocational or technical education, student apprenticeships in developing countries, international and national vocational/technical study trips, and national and international youth club competitions for vocational/technical students.
To apply for a Hartstein/Favorite International Vocational Fund grant, the following items must be submitted:
- A completed and signed application and five copies
- A cover letter describing the project or program for which funding is requested and the sponsoring organization(when applicable) and five copies
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent under separate cover
All items should be submitted to The Hartstein/Favorite International Vocational Fund, c/o The Troy Foundation, 216 W. Franklin St., Troy OH 45373.
Applicants will be notified in writing of their approval or denial. Those approved will be required to sign a Grant Acceptance Document and file a final report at the completion of their project or program.Hartstein Favorite International Vocational Fund Brochure (2009)